Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read before booking
Our Walks / Events / Courses
- Whilst we aim to deliver our walks / events / courses as advertised, some timings, content and routes may vary depending on the conditions, weather, makeup or speed of the group.
Leading our Walks / Events / Courses
- All our leaders / tutors are qualified Hill and Moorland Leaders, NNAS Tutors and are First Aid trained.
- Everyone involved must, at all times, follow the instructions given by the leader / tutor, throughout the walk / event/ course.
- An adult must accompany and take full responsibility of children under the age of 18.
- On walks, everyone walks as a group. If you wish to leave the group then you must inform the leader, you will be responsible for your own safety if you leave the group.
- Dogs are welcome on most of our walks but should be under control and on a lead at all times around farm animals. Some stiles may not be dog friendly, please ask the walk leader prior to the walk. Click here to checkout the Countryside Code:
- You will be asked to sign a declaration prior to the walks / events / courses, which require you to disclose any health issues, provide emergency contact details and agree to our terms and conditions.
Health and Fitness
- Please disclose any health issues that you have (or your group has) so that we can adapt our walks / events / courses to suit the group’s abilities.
- Please inform us if you have any pre-existing medical conditions of which we should be aware and for which you may be required to carry medication e.g. diabetes, asthma etc.
- Our walks will always indicate the level of fitness required, however, anyone inadequately prepared or deemed not to be at the correct level of fitness for the specified walk may be asked to consider alternative walks.
- Most of our walks / events / courses will be on paths, bridleways, open access land, lanes, however, on some occasions, the ground may be boggy, muddy and slippery. There may be stiles, gates and small streams to negotiate. Our utmost care will be given to support you but please come prepared for such conditions.
- Please ensure you have enough food, snacks and fluids to see you through the walk / event. It is wise to consider hot drinks during the colder seasons.
- Appropriate clothing is required for the anticipated weather conditions, examples below:
- Sturdy walking boots
- Rucksack with spare clothing, hat and gloves, small personal first aid kit including any required personal medication
- Walking poles (if needed)
- 3 layers – base layer, mid layer, fleece
- Wet weather: Waterproof jacket, waterproof trousers (we advise no jeans)
- Fine weather: Sun cream, insect repellent
- See also the handy guide: BMC New Walkers Guide
- Walks / events must be booked and paid for in advance by bank transfer.
- Cancellation by you: all cancellations for events must be in writing. We will try and ‘re-sell’ the course / event place – if we are successful then you will receive a full refund less 10% to cover administration costs. Refunds will only be made after the start date of the course / event has commenced.
- In the event that the course / event place has not been resold, you will be charged the following cancellation fee:
- Over 4 weeks before commencement of the course / event = £25
- 2 – 4 weeks before commencement of the course / event = £50
- 0 – 2 weeks before commencement of the course / event = Full course fee.
- Cancellation by us: every effort will be made to ensure advertised courses / events are run, but in the event that we need to cancel (e.g. due to severe weather conditions etc.), we will, at all times, give you notice of a rescheduled date OR 7 days notice of cancelled courses / events where there is insuffient numbers booked on a course / event.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you give consent to Freedom Days to share your details with the awarding body.
I have experienced many walks with this company.
They were all very enjoyable and extremely well organised, they most definitely know the best places to take you.
The leaders are always well equipped and have all safety risks covered. The staff are very experienced and qualified walkers with good knowledge which they are more than happy to share with you. Training with them would be fun but informative.
I would highly recommend them for beginners to the more experienced walker, I can guarantee that you won’t be disappointed.
Get out on those hills and have fun! Enjoy.Jane N, Hay on Wye
WOW, WOW, WOW! Thank you so much for sharing your time so generously on our walk.
Our day of hill walking with FREEDOM DAYS was exhilarating! The experience was not only thrilling but it was well planned – the walk leader was knowledgeable and fun but most importantly welcoming.
Our leader’s years’ of experience was very apparent and so I completely felt safe in new territory. Questions the group had were answered thoroughly and the enthusiasm to help was evident. The walks they run are really good for all abilities and you will find something to suit you – I’ve already booked another!
I’d highly recommend you try them, great value for money. You won’t be disappointed.Aqueela Jan, Penarth
The walks are very well organised and communicated, (which is key), with an overview of the route, terrain, difficulty and times to be expected. Advice on clothing and safety accompany the communications, which is very useful.
The group walks are hugely welcoming and extremely friendly. No-one is left to feel out of place.
Safety and security is paramount and is evidently the main priority. Knowledge and experience to amend walks on route endorses great leadership.
I can thoroughly recommend the walks to all, irrespective of whether you’re a beginner looking to try a new experience, a moderate walker who wants to explore new areas, or even an experienced hiker who would enjoy the company, all are made to feel at home and within their limits.Rory M, Brecon
I booked a guided walk in the Brecon Beacons with Freedom days. I had a great day in the mountains with a great group of people.
Our guide was friendly and professional and was always paying attention to the various needs of the group.
I would highly recommend Freedom Days.Paul B, Pontypridd
I have been on a number of walks led and arranged by (the founder of) this company and I must say that on all occasions the have been enjoyable, challenging, interesting and in all cases well paced for the group.
The leaders obviously know what they're doing, are well qualified, follow correct safety protocols and making sure all members are up to speed with what the walk will involve.
The groups are friendly and though there are often mixed abilities evident within the group, at no point is there any pressure applied or felt.
Genuinely fun and I would without hesitation go on another walk or other outdoor event organised by her (them) again.Anthony & Kaz B.
Just want to say thank you, what an amazing leader you provided, she evidently knew her stuff and was able to quickly identify capabilities of the group and adjust accordingly. From a personal perspective, on occasions I was pushed to operate outside my comfort zone [which I’d asked for], the motivation and encouragement received from our leader was phenomenal. I can’t thank her enough for this experience and for all her support and encouragement which enabled the self accomplishment I felt at the end, so proud of myself, what a memorable day. Thanks Freedom Days.Mags D, Ystradfellte.
Thank you Freedom Days for a fantastic guided walk up Snowdon. A truly memorable day up in the hills with family and friends! The day was action packed, with lots to do and see throughout the walk. We throughly enjoyed our lunch on the summit of Yr Aran and we were all buzzing when we reached the top of Snowdon! Special thanks to Jane for keeping us safe and entertained throughout walk! We hope to see you again next year and good luck with your Everest adventure!Paul M, Birmingham.